Friday, December 2, 2016

Summoning.......

It's been a hectic fall for this blogger.

 (My favorite dim sum spot in London - Jia)

I've had builders doing some small improvements around my house and garden.  I've been in need of small comforts.........amidst the occasional chaos.


There has been a momentous election.  Which I have distracted myself from with fashion.  (Whatever works, huh?)


I had a big birthday - and this girl, who was last year's birthday gift is finally settling in with us vs., fighting, biting, swiping and not being able to share a room with our other girl.

 (Matt Mattus' amazing chrysanth'- see more here)

Since fall is planting season in L.A. I am still putting things in and tending to them.

(Camilla Engman link here)

This painting seems to sum up what many are feeling about the U.S.'s new President.


And many are pondering what we can do about it.  I thought seriously of buying this little boat and just......sailing away.  But it's terribly little, isn't it?  I couldn't go far and - Mr. Paradis doesn't swim.  But it does seem a metaphor for a present moment?


It's hard to be lighthearted somedays.


We returned to Crystal Cove for Thanksgiving and found this offering.

 (pic: Christopher Lane for the Guardian)

In case you didn't know already, these are two guys I really like.


Despite all this, life goes one.  Particularly in the burgeoning, busting out and booming L.A. arts district.  Which has provided me a message to you for our new December weekend.  With 2017 barely a month a way now.

I've been absent from this space lately but one thing never changes.  Love is love.  And you guys are part of it.  Hugs and kisses from L.A.











No comments:

Post a Comment