Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tangled Up in Blue Friday



 (John Derian's shop, NYC via Ben Pentreath)

It has been quite the eventful week over here at Passage Paradis.  You don't even have the time.....!

 (Gesbi via St.Tyl)

.....for me to relate all the ins-and-outs and developments......and honestly, I've so surprised myself!

(not sure - probs from someone's Pinterest page but you can see the House Beautiful watermark)

Anyway, some bursts of blue for the week's end for you.  Somehow, living in California makes me love this color more and more. 

Oh and also, great cause for celebration this week:  Alice Munro has won the Nobel Prize for Literature!!!!!!  I adore this writer, so happy about this in so many ways.  Here's a link to a summary of LATimes reviews of her short stories (she only has published short stories) that couldn't describe her better.

Have a great weekend everybody!










6 comments:

  1. un peu de bleu ne peut en effet pas faire de mal…
    bon week-end là-bas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice images! Alice Munro - surely I have read something by her - but what? Time to jog my memory.
    Thanks for this rec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read something by her too :/
    nice blue splashes and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too! Seriously, I'm glad because now her books will circulate! And, how wonderful because she a) is a master of the short story; b) only writes short stories; c) writes fiction in which the lives of ordinary people are very dramatic and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and she's mine, my favourite one, munro. i even have a favourite story! the one about the librarian. don't ask me in which collection, because i can't remember. i might look it up for you, or do you know what i'm talking about?
    n♥

    ReplyDelete