Friday, October 7, 2011

Steve McCurry - I Want to Be Him When I Grow Up


Although, frankly, I get exhausted, just thinking of how many planes this man has been on in his life.

You know that expression, "be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"?  I wish there were some Star-Trek-ky way to just tele-transport oneself to all the remote corners of the world WITHOUT the preliminary housecleaning, packing, petcare manual writing (see Gennine's post - so glad it's not just me), light and internet checking as you rush out the door, the mini-panics on the way to the airport, the traffic delays, the lines, the belt-sweater-shoe-and-metal-hair-clip removal, the patdown.............

But to get to that other place.  And to find this - - -

Burma

Yemen

I''ve been meaning to post about him for ages.  He's famous for that "Afghan Girl" photo.  His blog has thousands of followers, but oddly I've never run into him on the blogs that I frequent.  

I'm now firmly planting my Steve McCurry flag in the terra firma of Passage Paradis.  See, I've added him to my blogroll.  If you don't know him, you will possibly find that you like him as much as I do.  If you do know him.  Well, what do I need to add?

Any good plans for the weekend?  Hope it's a terrific one!







4 comments:

  1. His work really is incredible. Every photo really tells a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello C.!
    I LOVE these photos, excellent selection.
    What a great introduction :) so true and funny!!
    This weekend I'm heading to a vintage furniture fair - Bon weekend a toi aussi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'aime aussi beaucoup son travail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those plates look great.
    And I LOVE the black cat picture - looks like 20 of my cat! But getting him on a lead would be no mean feat!

    ReplyDelete